Report by Paula Antolini, April 12, 2020, 9:07AM EDT
URGENT WEATHER MESSAGE from the National Weather Service New York NY, 328 AM EDT Sun Apr 12 2020, includes Northern Fairfield-Northern New Haven-Western Passaic-Eastern Passaic-Western Bergen, Western Essex, Western Union, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Northern Westchester, 328 AM EDT Sun Apr 12 2020:
High Wind Watch
HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON…
* WHAT…South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 65 mph possible.
* WHERE…Interior portions of northeastern New Jersey, southwestern Connecticut, and southeastern New York, roughly west and north of the Garden State Parkway, Interstate 287, the Merritt Parkway, and Interstate 91.
* WHEN…From Monday morning through Monday afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Even sturdy and well secured tent structures could be damaged. Widespread power outages are possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Highest winds expected in the higher elevations and in exposed areas such as along the Hudson River.
Monitor the latest forecasts and warnings for updates on this situation. Fasten loose objects or shelter objects in a safe location prior to the onset of winds.
Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Light south wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
Rain likely, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. South wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Rain before 9am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly after 9am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 64. Windy, with a south wind 18 to 23 mph increasing to 26 to 31 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Showers likely, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 43. Southwest wind 9 to 17 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. West wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
A 30 percent chance of showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Partly sunny, with a high near 54.