Report by Paula Antolini, April 16, 2021, 3:03PM EDT
NOTICE OF BUDGET REFERENDUM
Tuesday, April 20, 2021 / 6:00AM-8:00PM
The machine vote on the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Municipal Budget will be Tuesday, April 20, 2021 between the hours of 6:00AM-8:00PM. You will need to vote i your assigned polling districts, Berry School, the Hurgin Municipal Center or the Stony Hill Fire House. If you are unsure where you should report to vote, please contact the Registrar of Voters at 203-794-8516 or the Town Clerk’s Office 203-794-8505 as soon as possible. Information can be found o the town’s website – https://www.bethel-ct.gov/
ABSENTEE BALLOTS FOR BUDGET REFERENDUM:
Per CT. State Statute ( Secs. 9-740 and 9-369c) the maiIng of ballots for the budget referendum is
- Applications must be completed by either printing off of www. bethel- ct.gov ( home page) and returning by
appointment, or completing in our office by appointment.
- Call ( 203) 794- 8505 to make an appointment to come in to obtain your ballot and vote or take home to vote.
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment time; come to the entrance of the Municipal Center to the far left closest to the Post Office) as you face the building.
- Ring the doorbell.
- We will take your ID and your application and issue you a ballot on the spot.
- The ballot can be voted on immediately or taken home.
- Either way the ballot must be deposited in the ballot drop box located outside at the front entrance of the Municipal Center opposite the town’ s yellow correspondence drop box.
***** If a voter is unable to come in person, the application allows for the voter to nominate a designee to transport the ballot to and from the voter.
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT APPLICATION HERE: