Report by Paula Antolini
September 10, 2017 7:00AM
The 17th Annual CT United Ride 9/11 Tribute Passes Through Bethel Today
The 17th Annual CT United Ride will be today, Sunday, September 10, 2017 – CT’s largest 9/11 Tribute with Riders and Spectators totaling over 20,000 people! They thank you all for your support every year – you make the difference!
The event begins in Norwalk, CT at Exit 17 off I-95 (Norden Park). Registration opens at 8:30 and Ceremonies begin at 10:30. The Ride begins at 11:30 a.m. The Ride ending at Seaside Park in Bridgeport for an afternoon of food, and music with performances by both rock and blues bands.
The donation per motorcycle is rider $25.00 and passenger $25.00. A donation is required to ride in the escorted line!
- Motorcade from Norden Park to Rte 136
- to Rte 33 through Westport
- to Wilton Rte 7
- to Rte 107 Georgetown
- to Rte 58N Redding
- to Rte 302 Bethel
- to Newtown Rte 25 through Monroe
- to Main Street Trumbull
- to Old Town Rd
- to Park Ave in Fairfield
- continuing into Bridgeport and straight down to Seaside Park with Bpt’s Fire Rescue 5 leading the Motorcade.
We will have vendors, food and entertainment, as well as the possibility of some celebrities. Last Sept. we ended with 2,300 motorcycles at Seaside Park! The first year’s ride was for NYC, since then we are raising funds for CT Firefighters, CT Law Enforcement, and two local United Ways.
How to register:
- Pre-register at Captain’s Cove Marina in Bridgeport from 11am to 5pm on Saturday September 9th, 2017 (the day before the ride)
- Register on Ride Day – Sunday September 10th 2017, 8:30am to 11am
You can save time by filling out the registration form and bringing it with you.