Report by Paula Antolini
September 18, 2018 7:56AM EDT
Sen. Boucher: ‘Emergency Preparedness Vital All Year Long’
As we enter the height of the Atlantic hurricane and storm season, I’d like to share some utility and emergency contact information with you.
UTILITY INFORMATION: Eversource
- Report outages: 1-800-286-2000
- Report gas odors: 1-877-944-5325
- Register for text and email alerts.
- Eversource town-by-town outage map
- Follow Eversource on Twitter @EversourceCT or Facebook
- Report outages, tree limbs on lines: 1-800-7-CALL-UI (1-800-722-5584)
- Register for text alerts.
- View outage list
- View outage map
- Follow United Illuminating on Twitter @UnitedIllum and Facebook
As with any outage, restoration can take time, but the information above will allow you to track the progress. CONNECTICUT EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS Visit the State of Connecticut’s Emergency Preparedness Website for:
- information about how the state prepares and responds to various disasters
- download emergency preparedness guides,
- sign up for alerts,
- check on current conditions,
- learn about state resources and
- download emergency preparedness apps for your Apple or Android device
For links to Connecticut city and town websites, please click here In the meantime, stay safe by:
- Keeping at least 10 feet away from downed wires!
- Staying inside your vehicle if a power line falls it. Don’t touch anything outside the vehicle and wait for emergency crews.
- Calling 9-1-1 immediately with any emergency condition.
- Checking your generator before you need to use it. Generators should be installed by a licensed electrician. Always operate generators outdoors to avoid carbon monoxide hazards.
Stay safe and contact my office with any concerns.
State Senator Toni Boucher
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT. 06106