Greenfield Man, National Guard Member, Arrested after Hidden Camera Found in Bathroom at Child’s Birthday Party

Kathi Mullen
Published On:
Greenfield Man, National Guard Member, Arrested after Hidden Camera Found in Bathroom at Child's Birthday Party

Greenfield, IN – A 39-year-old Greenfield man and member of the Indiana National Guard has been arrested on multiple charges after investigators say he molested a juvenile for years and placed a hidden camera in a bathroom during a child’s birthday party.

Suspect and Charges

The suspect, identified as Joseph Bilbrey, 39, is facing several serious charges, including:

  • Two counts of Child MolestingLevel 1 Felony
  • Performing Sexual Conduct in the Presence of a MinorLevel 6 Felony
  • Child Molesting FondlingLevel 5 Felony
  • Two counts of Child SolicitationLevel 5 Felony
  • Child Molesting or Touching a Child Under 14Level 4 Felony
  • Child SeductionLevel 1 Felony
  • VoyeurismLevel 6 Felony

Authorities said the charges stem from both recent discoveries and long-term abuse allegations.

Initial Report of Voyeurism

On Saturday, December 28, 2024, officers were called to N 300 W in Greenfield on a report of voyeurism and child molestation involving a juvenile.

According to court documents:

  • A juvenile victim allegedly discovered a camera hidden in a bathroom during a birthday party.
  • The child told an adult and then destroyed the SD card out of anger.
  • While the video could not be restored, the discovery led to a police interview with the victim.

Victim’s Testimony

During the interview, the 14-year-old victim revealed that she had been sexually attacked by Bilbrey for at least six years. Investigators believe the abuse had been ongoing and hidden until the recent discovery of the camera.

Indiana National Guard Response

The Indiana National Guard confirmed Bilbrey’s status as a member and released a statement addressing the case:

“The Indiana National Guard is aware of the recent allegations against Joseph Bilbrey. The actions attributed to this individual are not in keeping with the Army values and the values of the Indiana National Guard. We take these allegations seriously, but we are unable to comment further due to the pending investigation.”

Ongoing Investigation

Bilbrey remains in custody, as per reports. Investigators are working to determine whether additional victims may be involved, given the length of time the abuse allegedly occurred.

The Boone County Prosecutor’s Office has confirmed that further hearings will take place as prosecutors push forward with the case.

What are your thoughts on this disturbing Greenfield case? Should penalties for crimes against children be made even harsher? Share your opinion in the comments below.

Kathi Mullen

Kathi Mullen

Kathi Mullen is a dedicated news reporter with a sharp instinct for breaking stories and a passion for delivering accurate, compelling journalism. She covers everything from local developments to national headlines, always aiming to inform and engage her readers with clarity and integrity.

Leave a Comment