Report by Paula Antolini, May 8, 2019, 1:20PM EDT
Some major changes could be proposed at tonight’s Charter Revision Committee meeting regarding Bethel’s Town Hall Meeting form of Government and School and Town Budgets and other issues. Here is your chance to voice your opinion, as public input will be permitted.
Tonight’s Charter Revision Committee meeting will feature a information from First Selectman Knickerbocker on local government, and also information from Board of Finance Chairman Robert Manfreda, among other speakers, as they present their proposed changes. View full agenda below.
As you can see by the time stamp on the official agenda below, there were only 24 hours notice for this meeting (which is legal, yes). However, it is an important meeting to attend:
WHAT: Charter Revision Committee Regular Meeting
WHEN: Wednesday, May 8, 20199, 7: 00 p.m.
WHERE: CJH Municipal Center— Meeting Room A
1. Call to order/ Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of minutes from the regular meeting, April 3, 2019
- Public Input
- Discussion with Board of Finance Chairman Robert Manfreda
- Discussion with Director Beth Cavagna, Town Planner of Planning & Zoning Inland Wetlands Land Use Department- Planning & Zoning, Inland Wetlands
- Discussion with First Selectman Knickerbocker on local government
- Review of proposed Charter Revisions by members of the Committee
- Consideration of approval of counsel fees from Cacace, Tusch & Santagata