Report by Paula Antolini, February 4, 2019, 9:43AM EDT
Celebrate and support the LGBTQ+ community at the 3rd annual event, “Bethel CT Pride 3rd Annual LGBTQ Parade & Celebration”! Music, food, speakers, artists, vendors, and more in downtown Bethel, CT! Visit bethelctpride.com or follow Bethel CT Pride for more details! Hosted by Bethel CT Pride.
WHAT: Bethel CT Pride 3rd Annual LGBTQ Parade & Celebration
WHEN: Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 12 PM – 5 PM
WHERE: Bethel Municipal Center, 1 School St, Bethel, Connecticut
BECOME A SPONSOR:
The Bethel CT Pride LGBTQ+ Parade and Celebrationprovides the opportunity to come together in celebration of the LGBTQ+ community and equality.
Bethel CT Pride is the first and only LGBTQ+ pride parade in Northwestern Connecticut, a tradition we look forward to continuing for years to come.
In 2017, our inaugural event brought over 500 attendees to the downtown Bethel area, a number we were pleased to match at the 2018 celebration! Bethel businesses benefit from the surge in customers and the opportunity to serve the community, fostering a sense of camaraderie with local patrons and establishing relationships with new clientele. In addition, our Bethel CT Pride social media channels allow us to connect with community members year-round.
Our primary channel, @BethelCTPride on Facebook, carries a following of 490+ and continues to grow. Our total organic reach of our 2018 event hit 35.4K! We also have a following on Instagram, Twitter, and Telegram that allows us to further widen our reach.
By becoming a sponsor, your contribution will not only help cover costs related to the Bethel CT Pride LGBTQ+ Parade and Celebration, but also allow Bethel CT Pride to grow the event for years to come. Click here to become a sponsor.
BECOME A VENDOR:
Reach over 500+ patrons while supporting equality!
Celebrate the LGBTQ+ community as a vendor at the Bethel CT Pride Parade & Celebration.
With Electricity: +$60
Food Trucks: $125
*First 10 to register.
Reservation Deadline: Mon., March 18, 2019
Vendor Details & Rules – The Basics
- 10′ x 10′ area provided per reservation*
- Vendors are responsible for setting up their own space and bringing any tents, tables, chairs, etc. required
- Electricity will be provided for an extra fee of $10. To access electricity, you must bring your own power cord (50′ recommended)
- Set up time will occur approximately 1 hour before event start time
- Acceptable items: Family-friendly items only. Illicit content is prohibited. If you have questions regarding appropriate content, please feel free to talk to the event organizer ahead of your reservation. We are unable to accommodate bouncy houses or tents where food will be cooked/prepared onsite; however, we are actively accepting food trucks
- MLM sellers (e.g. LulaRoe, Pure Romance, Paparazzi Accessories, etc.) and sellers of mass-market, commercial LGBTQ+ goods such as rainbow flags or stickers must email firstname.lastname@example.org registering in order to prevent duplicate bookings/sales
- Spot reservations will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis
- Spots must be reserved in advance
- Event is rain or shine
- Reservations cannot be refunded
*The first ten LGBTQ+ non-profits to register will not be charged a vendor fee. These spaces will be scaled to a 10’x 5′ spot if the event must be moved indoors due to weather.
Pay your reservation fee to secure your spot.
Become a Volunteer
Did you know the entire parade is run by volunteers?
There are a ton of things that go into creating this amazing day and we are always looking for more brains and brawn to pull it off! Whether you want to help ahead of the event day or volunteer during the parade, we want to hear from you!
March in the Bethel Pride Parade!
We invite your group to march in the Bethel Pride Parade!
Groups supportive of LBGTQ+ rights are welcome to join us in this peaceful and joyous march. To participate, please follow the steps below and be sure to download our helpful guides.
Schedule of Events
|9 AM – 11:30 AM||Set Up|
|10:30 AM – 12 PM||Vendor Set Up|
|12 PM||Parade Check-In|
|12:30 PM – 1 PM||Parade Line Up|
|1 PM||Pedestrian Parade Starts|
|1:30 PM – 5 PM||Celebration!|