Queens, New York — A quiet Malba neighborhood was thrown into chaos early Sunday when a mob of rowdy street racers violently assaulted residents and set a car on fire after locals tried to stop an unruly car meet, according to eyewitnesses and newly surfaced video.
The mayhem erupted around 12:30 a.m. near South Drive and 141 Street, where dozens of reckless drivers gathered to perform high-speed donuts, tear across lawns, and overwhelm the normally peaceful Queens community.
Homeowner Beaten by Mob After Confrontation
One of the victims, Blake Ferrer, told reporters that the violence began after he stepped outside to confront the drivers.
“When I came out, I said, ‘Bro, you gotta get the f–k off my property,’ and that’s when it all started,” Ferrer recalled.
Video footage shows a group of roughly a dozen attackers kicking, stomping, and punching Ferrer. The brutal ambush left him with a broken nose and fractured ribs, while his wife was also struck during the chaos.
“He’s lucky he wasn’t killed,” said City Councilwoman Vickie Paladino, who represents the area and expressed outrage over the attack.
Car Torched as Chaos Escalates
Another resident, Larry Rusch, 59, had his vehicle torched during the melee. Rusch, who owns a security company, said he rushed outside when he heard engines revving and tires screeching, only to find around 40 cars flooding the street.
Trying to halt the reckless behavior, Rusch maneuvered a company car into the intersection to block the racers. His efforts briefly scattered the crowd — until two individuals approached the vehicle and ignited it using what he believes was a firework or incendiary device.

“Then melee started again,” Rusch said, describing the outbreak of violence that followed.
Footage posted on X by Councilwoman Paladino shows the car engulfed in flames as another vehicle circles dangerously around it.
“To say this is a disgrace is an understatement,” Paladino told The Post. “They came with their cars and wreaked havoc on this very quiet area of my district.”
Other Residents Targeted
A 41-year-old resident also had objects hurled into his car after attempting to intervene, according to police. Locals say the Malba area has long been a hotspot for drivers performing donuts and holding late-night meetups, but the scale and violence of this incident left the community shaken.
“I’ve been living there my whole life,” Rusch said. “It happens, but not to this extent.”
Police Investigating as Community Demands Action
Authorities are reviewing multiple videos from residents and social media to identify those responsible. No arrests had been announced as of the latest update.
Neighbors are now calling for increased patrols and stronger enforcement against illegal street racing, saying the situation has escalated far beyond a nuisance and into a serious public safety threat.
“It was a complete melee,” Rusch said, emphasizing just how quickly the scene devolved into chaos.
Community leaders, including Paladino, are expected to push for heightened law enforcement presence in the neighborhood to prevent similar incidents.
Should the city crack down harder on illegal street takeovers? Have car meetups gotten out of control in New York? Share your thoughts in the comments — let’s talk about it.










