Three Arrested, Two Wanted after Memphis Shooting Over $50 Marijuana Deal; Victim Critically Injured

Kathi Mullen
Published On:
Three Arrested, Two Wanted after Memphis Shooting Over $50 Marijuana Deal; Victim Critically Injured

Memphis, TN — Police in Memphis, Tennessee, have arrested three men and are searching for two others in connection with a shooting that left a man critically injured last month. The violent confrontation reportedly stemmed from a $50 marijuana deal that escalated into gunfire.

According to the Memphis Police Department (MPD), the incident occurred on October 26 at a residence located in the 3300 block of Spottswood Avenue. When officers arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the head. He was rushed to a nearby hospital in extremely critical condition.

Arrests Made Across State Lines

In the days following the shooting, investigators tracked down and arrested Johnny Miller, 28, at the Super 8 Motel in West Memphis, Arkansas. The arrest was carried out by the Memphis Safe Task Force, which coordinated with Arkansas authorities to apprehend the suspect without incident.

Police later took Javonte Jordan-Miller, 27, and Deangelo Yarbrough, 20, into custody as well. All three suspects have been charged with attempted first-degree murder, reckless endangerment, and possession of a weapon during the commission of a dangerous felony.

Authorities confirmed that two additional suspects remain at large. Investigators are urging anyone with information about their whereabouts to contact CrimeStoppers or the Memphis Police Department directly.

Witnesses Describe Terrifying Moments

According to an affidavit of complaint, a witness at the Spottswood Avenue home told investigators that he had sold marijuana to Johnny Miller earlier in the day. The two allegedly argued over the $50 payment, during which Miller reportedly threatened to return and start “spraying” — a slang term for opening fire.

Later that day, surveillance footage captured Miller, Jordan-Miller, Yarbrough, and two unidentified men approaching the home moments before the shots rang out.

Victim’s Brother Recounts the Shooting

The victim’s brother, who was present during the attack, told police that one of the men knocked on the front door. When he answered, he saw a gun and immediately ran upstairs to warn his brother to get his own weapon.

By the time he returned, the scene had turned tragic — he found his brother lying in a pool of blood with a gunshot wound to the head. Authorities have not provided an update on the victim’s current condition, as reported by WREG.

Investigation Ongoing

Police continue to investigate the case and are seeking tips from the public to locate the remaining suspects. Detectives believe all five men may have been directly involved in the shooting.

The Memphis Police Department emphasized that drug-related disputes often escalate into serious acts of violence, urging residents to report any suspicious activity in their neighborhoods.

Anyone with information about the case or the suspects still at large is encouraged to call CrimeStoppers at 901-528-CASH (2274). Tips can remain anonymous, and rewards may be available for information leading to arrests.

What are your thoughts on this case? Do you think Memphis authorities are doing enough to curb drug-related violence? Share your opinions and join the discussion in the comments below.

Kathi Mullen

Kathi Mullen

Kathi Mullen is a dedicated news reporter with a sharp instinct for breaking stories and a passion for delivering accurate, compelling journalism. She covers everything from local developments to national headlines, always aiming to inform and engage her readers with clarity and integrity.

Leave a Comment