Davie, Florida — A McDonald’s in Davie turned into the starting point of a terrifying abduction on Thursday afternoon, leading to a multi-city police pursuit and the arrest of five suspects, including two juveniles, according to authorities.
The chaotic chain of events spanned multiple jurisdictions — from Davie to Fort Lauderdale and finally Pompano Beach — before officers were able to apprehend the group. Officials confirmed the arrests on Friday as new details emerged about the violent kidnapping and the charges now filed against the suspects.
Victim Abducted From McDonald’s on State Road 84
The incident began around 1:24 p.m. when a 21-year-old man was sitting inside the McDonald’s off State Road 84 in Davie. According to police, he was approached by two suspects along with Lamar Ross, one of the adults later taken into custody.
Witnesses told investigators that Ross had several individuals waiting with him inside a vehicle outside. At some point, Ross allegedly grabbed the victim’s cell phone off a table and told him he would have to get into their vehicle if he wanted it back. Police described the encounter as coercive and intimidating, effectively forcing the victim into the suspects’ car.
Victim Beaten and Abandoned in Fort Lauderdale
The suspects drove the victim to a location in Fort Lauderdale, where the situation took an even darker turn. Police say the victim was forced out of the vehicle and then struck by one or more individuals. Injured and shaken, the victim eventually managed to find someone who helped him call 911.
He told police he had been kidnapped and assaulted, prompting an immediate investigation and area search.
Authorities quickly used the GPS tracking on the victim’s stolen phone to trace the suspects’ vehicle, giving officers a real-time route as the group attempted to flee, as per CBS News.
Chase Ends in Pompano Beach After Crash
The GPS trail led officers north to Pompano Beach, where the suspects’ vehicle eventually crashed into a light pole, bringing the pursuit to a sudden halt. The individuals inside the car attempted to flee on foot, but officers quickly captured all five.
Police confirmed that two of the suspects were juveniles, though their names were not released due to their ages.
Multiple Suspects Facing Serious Charges
Authorities released details on three of the adult suspects and the charges they now face.
Lamar Ross
Ross, one of the individuals directly involved in confronting the victim, is now facing multiple charges including:
- Kidnapping with bodily harm or terrorizing the victim
- Fleeing at high speed
- Resisting an officer without violence
Lamar Perry
Perry was also charged with a long list of offenses:
- Kidnapping with bodily harm or terrorizing the victim
- Grand theft motor vehicle
- Resisting an officer without violence
- Possession of a firearm by a minor
- Burglary of an unoccupied conveyance
Timothy Brown
A third adult suspect, Timothy Brown, has been charged with:
- Kidnapping with bodily harm or terrorizing the victim
Exactly what role Brown played remains unclear. During his bond court appearance, Brown’s mother told the judge that her son had never been in serious trouble before and that she was shocked by the allegations.
Investigation Continues Across Three Cities
Detectives are still working to determine the full extent of each suspect’s involvement, especially given the number of people in the vehicle and the involvement of juveniles. Officials have not yet released details about what motivated the kidnapping or whether the suspects and victim knew one another.
More information is expected as the investigation progresses.
Do incidents like this make you feel less safe at everyday public places like fast-food restaurants? What should cities like Davie and Fort Lauderdale do to prevent violent abductions? Drop your thoughts in the comments — your perspective matters.










