Report by Paula Antolini
March 26, 2018 7:27PM EDT
Town of Bethel, Connecticut Notice of Annual Town Budget Meeting, April 2nd
WHAT: Annual Town Budget Meeting
WHEN: April 2, 2018; 7:00pm
WHERE: Bethel High School Auditorium
TOWN OF BETHEL, CONNECTICUT
NOTICE OF ANNUAL TOWN BUDGET MEETING
The legal voters of the Town of Bethel, Connecticut and those persons entitled to vote therein are hereby notified to assemble at the Annual Town Budget Meeting to be held at the Bethel High School Auditorium, 300 Whittlesey Drive in Bethel, Connecticut on Monday, April 2, 2018 at 7:00 p.m., for the following purposes, to wit:
1) To consider and take action upon a resolution to appropriate the sum of Twenty Nine Million Eight Hundred Sixty One Thousand Two Hundred Forty Two ($29,861,242) Dollars, which sum includes debt service of Three Million Nine Hundred Thirty Nine Thousand Two Hundred Thirty Eight ($3,939,238) Dollars and the school’s building maintenance account of Five Hundred Thousand and Eight ($500,008) Dollars as recommended by the Board of Finance, as the Annual Town Operating Budget for the Fiscal Year commencing July 1, 2018.
2) To consider and take action upon a resolution to appropriate the sum of Forty Five Million One Hundred Sixteen Thousand Two Hundred Eight Two ($45,116,282) Dollars as recommended by the Board of Finance, as the Annual Board of Education Budget for the Fiscal Year commencing July 1, 2018.
3) To consider and take action on a resolution to appropriate the sum of Two Million Three Hundred Fifteen Thousand ($2,315,000) Dollars, as recommended by the Board of Finance, for capital item expenditures and further authorizing the issuance of short term notes and/or bonds of the Town of Bethel in an amount not exceeding Two Million Three Hundred Fifteen Thousand ($2,315,000) Dollars to finance the appropriation of said sum for all costs incurred for the following capital item expenditures:
Highway / Class 8 42,000 GVW Truck / $ 196,000
Highway / Elgin Street Sweeper / $ 230,000
Education / High School HVAC / $ 250,000
Education / Turf Field High School / $ 979,000
Bethel Fire / Replace BFD Engine 6 / $ 660,000
TOTAL CAPITAL / $ 2,315,000
4) To authorize the First Selectman and the Treasurer of the Town of Bethel to borrow on short term notes or loans “tax anticipation notes” an amount not to exceed the aggregate of Six Million ($6,000,000) Dollars for the purpose of paying current expenditures of the Town of Bethel for the fiscal year commencing July 1, 2018, which tax anticipation notes are to be repaid from anticipated tax revenues.
5) To consider and take action upon a resolution that the tax on motor vehicles and personal property be collected in one or more than one installment.
6) To establish the date on which the machine vote on the annual town budget shall take place in accordance with the provisions of the Bethel Town Charter.
7) To do any and all things which may be legally required or appropriate to accomplish the above named purposes.
Dated at Bethel, Connecticut this 23th day of March 2018.
Board of Selectmen
Matthew S. Knickerbocker, First Selectman
Richard C. Straiton, Selectman
Paul R. Szatkowski, Selectman